Serving Size: 6
Cook carrots and 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water to cover in a large
saucepan for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2 pounds carrots -- sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt -- divided
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- garnish: fresh Italian parsley (optional)
Melt margarine in saucepan; stir in apricot preserves until blended.
Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt, nutmeg, orange rind, and
Add carrots and toss to coat.
Garnish if desired.