Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- 3 lbs. fresh young fava beans, shelled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Add fava beans, reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Pierce outer skin with thumbnail and squeeze each bean out of its
skin with thumb and forefinger.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Add beans, garlic and rosemary.
Cover and cook until beans are tender, about 5 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.