Serving Size: 6
Spray the bottom of a large, heavy-lidded pot with nonstick spray.
- 1 Medium-size red onion -- peeled and sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 cup Rice -- uncooked *
- 1 (14 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 (9 oz) pkg frozen artichoke -- hearts
- 1 Red bell pepper cut into -- strips
- 1/2 cup Frozen small peas
- 1/4 pound Small whole baby carrots
- 6 Corn Cobs (cut into 1/3's)
Heat to medium heat and saute onion rings and garlic.
Add rice and stir to brown lightly.
Add vegetable stock and tomatoes.
Stir in turmeric, carrots, and artichoke hearts.
Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, cover, and continue to simmer for 10 to
15 minutes more until rice is done.
*If using brown rice, ad dcarrots and artichoke hearts when 20
minutes of cooking time remains.
Add remaining ingredients 10 minutes later.
Makes 6 servings (Per serving: 173 calories, 1 gram fat)