Valencia Corn Salad
I first prepared this Spanish-influenced salad around the age of 17. Perfect for picnics or potlucks and low in calories, too! Cut out of a woman's magazine-probably Good Housekeeping or similar with just a few very minor changes.
- 3 cups corn (frozen or fresh kernels, sometimes I roast the kernels)
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
NOTE: If using frozen corn, thaw first.
Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together.
In a serving bowl combine the salad ingredients. Pour the vinaigrette over the corn mixture and toss to coat well.
Cover and chill until ready to serve. Best prepared several hours in advance to allow the ingredients to marinate.