Spanish Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are the best steamed and this is the perfect dish.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Italian-style tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, chopped basil or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, chopped rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Place brussels sprouts in a steamer basket over boiling water.
Cover saucepan and steam 8 minutes or until tender.
Heat oil in a non-reactive saucepan over medium heat.
Saute onions and green pepper 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Add tomatoes, herbs, salt, and pepper to taste.
Simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
Add Brussels sprouts to tomato mixture.
Simmer until heated throughout.