Serbian Potato Salad
A potato salad Serbian style. It is an oil and vinegar based salad rather than the creamy style more common in North America.
- 6 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Place potatoes in a large bowl.
In a screw-top jar, add remainder of ingredients, cover with the lid and shake vigorously.
Toss potatoes with dressing.
Refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours.
Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve at room temperature.