Portuguese-Style Red Pepper Paste
This sauce makes a delicious accompaniment to grilled vegetables. From Eating Well.
2 1/2 cups
- 4 large red bell peppers, roasted and cut into chunks
- 1 fresh jalapeno or serrano pepper, roasted and cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Put roasted peppers, salt, garlic and 1 TBS oil in a blender, blend until smooth.
Slowly add remaining 2 TBs oil, blending until the paste is the consistency of whipped cream.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
Note: The paste will keep in the refridgerator for up to 4 days.
If it separates a little, drain off liquid.