Serving Size: 4
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed -- (not peeled)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine *or 1/2 c white wine vinegar*
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions
Boil the whole unpeeled potatoes in generously salted water until
fork-tender, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size.
As soon as you can handle the potatoes, but while they're still
warm, sliced them just under 1/2-inch thick.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, boil the wine until it's
reduced by half (if using vinegar, don't cook it).
Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and hot reduce wine (or the uncooked
vinegar) over the warm potatoes, and toss gently.
Add the olive oil, tossing just until combined, and then add the
shallots and scallions.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve at room temperature.
Variations: Add chopped tomato
OR sliced roasted red peppers
OR minced garlic & olives
OR lemon juce and snipped chives
OR paprika and capers.