Finnish Berry Soup (Marjakeitto)
This can be served hot by itself or with soy icecream or cold with oatmeal or other porridge.
- 2 cups blueberries or strawberries or raspberries or cloudberries (or any mixture of these)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups berry juice or water
- 2 tablespoons potato flour or cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water (approx)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- sugar or artificial sweetener, amount to taste
Combine berries, water and juice and bring to a boil.
In the meantime, combine potato flour and cold water and mix.
When the water and berries boil, give the potato flour mixture a stir and add.
Boil a few minutes longer until it thickens a little.
Remove from heat.
Add sweetener and vanilla.