Compote De Fruits D'alsacian
Quick, easy and light for summer time. Speciality of the Hotel Le Grand, Strasbourg, France as noted in the magazine recipe in my grandmother's recipe box.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, Halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh peach, peeled
- 1 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries
- 1 cup watermelon balls
- 1 cup cantaloupe ball
- 1 cup thompson seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup riesling wine or Gewurztraminer wine
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
Mix together all of the fruit in a large glass or ceramic bowl and gently toss to mix.
Add the orange juice and wine and gently toss again.
Chill with a cover on it for at least 20 minutes.
Toss again gently before serving.