Antipasto-Style White Bean Salad
This Spanish-Mediterranean vegetable salad is healthy, light, and great for the summer months.
SERVES 4 , 4 servings
- 3 cups navy beans, cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper, diced (fresh or roasted or canned)
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup black olives or burgundy olive, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1-2 teaspoon mint leaf, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Combine all vegetable and herb ingredients in a bowl, mix well.
Toss with the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate several hours, mixing occasionally to blend flavors.