Recipe By : Roxanne Chan, Cooking Light, November 1998; Serving
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large Dutch oven, and bring to a
- 2 cans fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth -- (16 ounces -or
- 1 can pumpkin -- (15-ounce)
- 1 can mango nectar -- (12-ounce)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove -- crushed
- chopped fresh cilantro -- (optional)
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Combine 1 cup pumpkin mixture and peanut butter in a blender or
food processor; process until smooth.
Return mixture to pan.
Stir in vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through garlic);
cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Ladle into soup bowls. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup).
CALORIES 142 (27% from fat); FAT 4.2g (sat O.9g, mono l.9g, poly
l.3g); PROTEIN 5.6g; CARB 20.7g; FIBER 4g; CHOL Omg; IRON 1.4mg;
SODIUM 401mg; CALC 29mg