From: adam Wetstein
Bring 2-3 c. water to boil in heavy pot and add lime leaves, galangal,
and soy sauce.
- 3-4 fresh lime leaves, torn into 2 or 3 pieces
- 2 stalks lemon grass, outer layers removed, cut into 2" sections
- 5-6 1/4" slices galangal (Thai ginger)
- 7-8 squirts dark soy sauce
- 10-12 sliced mushrooms
- 1 or more fresh chilis
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 T red chili paste in oil
- garnish: chopped coriander and green onions
Pound lemon grass sections several times with pestle or heavy
knife and add.
Simmer 5-10 mins to bring out flavour of seasonings.
Bring to boil again and add mushrooms and cook 2-3 mins over medium
Just before serving, pound chilis a few times with pestle and
In bottom of serving bowl, combine lime juice and chili paste
Add a little liquid from the soup and stir.
Add soup. Sprinkle with garnish.