with Ginger and Fresh Vegetables
From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 4
Cut carrots, zucchini and green onions into matchstick-size strips.
- 2 carrots -- peeled
- 1 large zucchini
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons matchstick-size strips fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk -- (light is available)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 9 ounces somen noodles or rice noodles
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons ginger and 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic; saute until
fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add carrots, zucchini, half of green onions and sesame oil; saute
Add remaining ginger and garlic; saute until vegetables are crisp-tender,
about 1 minute longer.
Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to bowl.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add 1 1/4 cups water, coconut milk, soy sauce and curry paste to
Stir until smooth.
Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, about 6 minutes.
Add sautéed vegetables and remaining onions.
Meanwhile, cook somen in large pot of boiling salted water until
just tender, about 2 minutes.
Transfer to large bowl.
Add vegetable mixture.
Toss to coat.
Sprinkle nuts and mint over.