curry (mixture of Indonesian/Thai)
from Shekar Subramanian
- Leiden, Netherlands
Source: my own experiment!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
In hot and steamy oil fry bean curd until it browns.
- 4 " cube of Bean curd cut in small cubes
- 100 grams of String beans (thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots in thin strips
- 3 table spoon of coconut milk
- 2 hot chilli peppers
- 50 grams of bean sprouts
- 1/4 crunchy lettuce
- 1 table spoon of chopped fresh Basil leaves
- 3 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 pcs of lemon leaves
- 1 lemon grass (crush the stem slightly for more flavour)
- 1 table spoon of vegetable oil
- salt to taste
Add onion, garlic and chopped chilies and stir for 25 secs..
Add sliced string beans and stir until it colors.
Then add all the ingredients except bean sprouts and lettuce.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
Then add chopped lettuce and bean sprouts.
Cut the heat off and stir well.
Put the lid on for 1 minute..
This you could serve with rice..
Amount of chilli peppers and coconut milk may vary according to
ones own taste