with Peanut Sauce
(sort of Thai-ish.)
Heat 2 quarts water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
- 8 ounces uncooked rice stick noodles
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into fourths and sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Break noodles in half and pull apart slightly; drop into boiling water.
Cook uncovered 1 minute; drain.
Rinse in cold water; drain and set aside.
Mix peanut butter, soy sauce, gingerroot, and red pepper in same
saucepan until smooth.
Gradually stir in broth.
Add noodles, bean sprouts, bell pepper, and onions; toss.
Sprinkle with cilantro.
Personally, I prefer this recipe to one I got from a friend that
is supposed to be "superb" and "authentic."