Drstevers Filipino Stir-Fry
From: dr stever
I developed this recipe for my wife: a Labor and Delivery Nurse. She is on her feet for 12 hours a day and must eat on the "fly". This recipe sustains her energy level with healthy soy bean curd and veggies! (I make this at 5 A.M with extreme LOVE!)
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup carrot (julienne cut)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (cut into small squares)
- 3-4 stalks celery (1/2 inch pieces)
- 10 pieces whole okra
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms or 16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pickled whole baby corn (Chinese style)
- 1 (19 ounce) box firm tofu (4 pieces)
- 2-3 tablespoons hot spiced white vinegar (Sukang Maasim, available at Chinese and Filipino food stores)
Stir-Fry Tofu (to remove excess water, do not brown) set aside.
Stir-Fry Garlic, Celery, Carrots and Okra, then ….
Add Cabbage, Mushrooms, and Baby Corn (halved).
Return Tofu and mix.
Add Hot Vinegar to taste.