From: Asa, Florida
This is a good recipe if you've ever been curious about cooking
with new and somewhat unusual ingredients
Soak dried veggies separately in cold water overnight, or in warm
water for at least an hour.
- 15g. (1/2 oz.) dried bean curd skin sticks
- 1/3 cup (15g./1/2 oz.) dried tiger lily bulbs
- 3-4 tbs. (15 g.) dried wood ears (black fingers)
- 10 g. (1/4 oz.) dried black moss
- 50 g. (2 oz.) bamboo shoots
- 50 g. lotus root
- 50 g. straw mushrooms
- 4 tbs. oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbs. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbs. cold water
- 2 tsp. sesame oil for garnish
Cut bean curd sticks into short lengths.
Cut bamboo and lotus root into small slices.
When hot put in half the oil and wait until it smokes.
Stir fry all dry veggies with a little salt for one minute.
Remove vegetables from wok and set aside.
Add and heat remaining oil and stirfry rest of the veggies with salt.
Add partly cooked dry veggies, sugar, soy sauce, stirring constantly.
If it dries out add a little water.
When cooked add cornstarch mix.
Garnish with sesame oil and serve immediately.