from Tarni -
This is a great idea for vegans from around the world to share
recipes, and also to show non-vegans that cruelty free living does
not have to be boring!!
The recipes are delicious. Here is my contribution.
These slices are delicious, rich and well liked by everyone who
has ever tried them.
1. Bake pastry sheets at 200C for about six minutes or till lightly
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup fine cornflour
- 1/2 cup custard powder
- 1 litre fortified soymilk
- 60g milk-free margarine
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
When cool, flatten sheets with hands and set aside.
2. Combine sugar, cornflour, custard powder in saucepan and gradually
stir in milk, stir until smooth.
3. Add margarine, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens.(It
will be very very thick, almost like paste)
4. Remove from heat and stir in essence.
5. Place one sheet of pastry in 23cm slab tin.
6. Pour custard over pastry sheet in slab tin.
Even out and place other pastry sheet on top.
Press down firmly.
Refrigerate until cool.
Ice with passionfruit icing when cool and cut into squares when
Mix ingredients to a workable paste.
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp milk-free margarine
- pulp from one passionfruit
- 1 tsp water
Spread onto slices with a knife dipped in hot water.
NB: I used a 250ml cup for all measurements.