Berry Bread Pudding
- B.C, Canada
A very satisfying dessert you can proudly serve guests - it's always
a hit. Quick and easy to put together as well.
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups cubed whole wheat bread slices
- 2 cups soy milk
- 5 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp arrowrood powder
- optional: 1 - 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup each crushed walnut pieces and slivered almonds (or
just one cup of one of them if you don't have both)
- 3 - 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract (not necessary but really tasty)
Preheat oven to 350 deg.
In a large bowl combine and mix well berries, bread, soy milk,
maple syrup, cane sugar, arrowroot powder and optional lemon juice.
Pour into an attractive glass or corning ware dish.
Combine nuts, maply syrup and almond extract. Crumble over main
dish (leaving about a 1/4" air space around edge to let steam
escape) and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.