Vegetarian Summer Roll
By Ming Tsai.
SERVES 6 -8
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 lime, segments of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, whole
- 1/2 lb bean sprouts, hair removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 lb smoked tofu or tempeh, julienned
- 10-15 rice paper sheets, 10 to 12 inches diameter, rehydrated
salt and black pepper, to taste
In a bowl whisk together juice, lime, mustard and sugar.
Whisk in the oil and season.
Toss with all the vegetables and tofu.
Check for seasoning.
Lay out 1 wrapper and place a small mound of mix near the bottom.
Roll bottom towards the middle.
Fold in both sides and continue rolling.
Finish roll and let rest.
Individually wrap each roll with plastic wrap.
Will hold for 2 hours in the fridge.
Remove wrap, slice on the bias and serve on top of extra salad.