Vegetable Fried Rice
From Light & Tasty. Very good way to use up left over rice. It's very important that the rice is cold.
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice, cold
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
Add ginger and garlic, saute 1 more minute.
Add teriyaki sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and hot sauce.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook and stir 2 minutes.
Add rice and vegetables, cook and stir until vegetables are tender.