Treasures of the Earth
from: The Doctor
Chinese. For the diced fresh mushrooms use a mix of chanterelle, oyster, and shiitake. Use prepared Seitan for this. From Veggie Life.
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup dried wood ear mushrooms, rehydrated, diced
- 2 1/4 cups diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 ears baby corn
- 1/2 cup diced seitan
- 6 ounces seasoned baked tofu, diced
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup shiitake broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Slice the baby corn ears into 1/2 inch rounds.
Heat a well seasoned wok over med high and stir fry the onion and carrot for about 3 minutes then add the mushrooms and stir fry for 3 more.
Add the zucchinin, chestnuts and bell pepper. Stir fry for 3 more.
Now add your corn, seitan, tofu and pineapple. Stir only occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes. The carrot should be crisp tender.
Now combine broth, vinegar, braggs, cornstarch and cayenne stir until thoroughly mixed. Push vegetables to sides form a well. Add liquid to center of well. Stir constantly until thickened, then stir well to coat vegetables with sauce.