Yield: 4 servings; Source: The Ottawa Citizen
- 1 pound block tofu, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl (garlic-sherry).
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup small cauliflower or broccoli florets
- 1 cup peas or snow peas
- 1/3 cup red pepper, slivered
- 1 tin sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Gently stir in tofu cubes, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
2. Heat oil in frying pan and add onion, cooking 'til softened.
Add other veggies (in usual stir-frying order from slow-fast cooking
veggies) and fry 'til desired cookness.
3. Add tofu to the veggies.
Stir 1 tbsp. cornstarch into marinade and pour over vegetable mixture.
4. Reheat 'til tofu is hot.