Sesame Noodle Salad
These noodles are great served hot or cold. Excellent blend of Oriental flavors.
SERVES 4 -6
- 1 box fettuccine pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cucumber, peeled,sliced and chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced or julienned
- 2-3 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or rice wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 teaspoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- black pepper, to taste
In medium bowl, combine cooked and drained noodles and the vegetables.
Toss to combine.
In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat with wire whisk until thoroughly combined.
Pour over noodle mixture and toss to coat.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.