Sauteed Bean Sprouts and Spinach
A chinese healthy alternative dish with the benefit of two of the most delectable vegetables that you can cook without the meat. Low in calories, fat and carbohydrate but high in vitamins and minerals
SERVES 4 -6 , 6 cups
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 300 g bean sprouts
- 200 g spinach
- 100 g fresh mushrooms, sliced into bite sizes
- 150 g firm tofu, diced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a cup, combine the mixture of water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil, set aside
- In a wok, heat canola oil and add the garlic and the scallions.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/2 portion of the mixture and simmer for 3 minutes or until mushrooms are already cooked and tender.
- Stir-Fry the vegetables and put the remaining mixture
- Add the tofu and simmer for 1 minute.