Pineapple Sweet and Sour Seitan
This recipe tastes remarkably like my favorite dish at the vegan chinese place in new york. I got it from a website of vegan recipes: http://www.vegan-food.net
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 24-36 pieces baked seitan or fried seitan
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cole water
Saute onion, garlic, and ginger.
When onion begins to get translucent, add pineapple, peppers, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
When this comes to a boil, add the seitan and the dissolved cornstarch.
Cook over high heat until the sauce thickens and the seitan is heated through.
Serve over brown rice.