Tempeh Stir-Fry W/Broccoli & Red Bell Pepper
from Karen C.
Greenlee - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Recipe By : Bon Appetit, January, 1999
Serving Size : 4
Stir tempeh, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper
in medium bowl to blend.
- 4 ounces soy tempeh or 3-grain tempeh -- cut into 1/2-inch --
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves -- minced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces broccoli -- stems peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces,
florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon honey style sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
Let marinate 1 hour at room temperature.
Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Strain marinade from tempeh into small bowl; set tempeh aside.
Whisk 2 tablespoons water, honey/sweetener and cornstarch into marinade.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat.
Add marinated tempeh and bell pepper and sauté 4 minutes.
Add broccoli and marinade mixture and saute until broccoli is heated
through and sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to bowl.
Sprinkle with green onion and serve.