Marco Polo Salad
This salad has a wonderful oriental flavor to it. My favorite spring and summer salad.
- 1 (16 ounce) box marco polo noodles, cooked, drained and rinsed with cold water (Marco polo noodles found in oriental section, similar to spaghetti in appearance, but they are white)
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas, julienned (save a few whole ones for garnish)
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 2 ounces carrots, julienned
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mongolian fire oil (find in oriental food section)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped fine
Prepare noodles as package instructions and toss with other salad ingredients.
Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad and toss till well mixed.
Let salad marinate in refer at least 2 hours.
Lightly toss the salad a couple of times to redistribute salad dressing during marination.
Garnish with reserved whole pea pods.