- 1/2 pound dried rice-stick noodles (rice vermicelli)
- 2 medium carrots (about 1/2 pound), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small 1 1/2-inch-long flowerets
(about 3 cups)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into small strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin lengthwise (about
- 1/2 cup veg. broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 scallions, cut lengthwise into 2-inch-long julienne
In a large bowl soak noodles in boiling water to cover 5
to 10 minutes, or until opaque-white and tender, and drain
well in a colander.
Steam veggies in steamer rack over boiling
water (or in the microwave) until just tender. Drain.
Make sauce: In a small bowl stir together
sauce ingredients in order given until cornstarch is dissolved.
Heat a wok over med-high heat until hot and
Stir-fry garlic and gingerroot until fragrant, about 5 seconds.
Add curry powder and stir-fry 5 seconds.
Stir sauce and add to curry mixture.
Bring curry sauce to a boil, stirring.
Add noodles, scallions, and steamed vegetables
to curry sauce and gently toss until noodles are coated
well with sauce.