Chinese Noodle & Mushroom Soup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 10 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups fresh chow mein noodles or 5 packet ramen noodles
- 5 tablespoons sherry wine or rice wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cups scallions, chopped
In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook mushrooms and garlic for 2 minutes.
Add stock and 2 cups water; bring to boil.
Add noodles, sherry, lemon juice or rice vinegar, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minhtes.
Stir in scallions.