Broad Beans (fava Beans) Stir-fried With Szechuan Pepper
I love broad beans especially with szechuan pepper!
- 400 g broad beans, podded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon szechwan pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili bean paste or chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
Cook broad beans in simmering salted water for 4 minutes.
Drain, reserving a ladleful of cooking water.
Refresh the beans under cold running water and drain again.
Gently shell beans.
Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add beans and toss for 1 minute.
Add szechuan pepper, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, vinegar and bean paste, tossing well.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of the bean cooking water and cook for 2 minutes, tossing over high heat.
The beans should be tender and lightly coated with the sauce.
Serve scattered with sesame seeds.