& Keith Falkner
Saute pepper, onion,celery and garlic with a little vegetable. stock
(or water) in a large pan (I use my Dutch oven).
- 1 Medium Green pepper
- 1 Large Yellow onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (14oz) can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 (14oz) can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (14oz) can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 (14oz) can Chili Beans
- 1 To 3 Tbls Chili Powder (to Your taste)
- 1 Cake LowFat Extra Firm Tofu (cut into 1/2-3/4 "cubes)
Then just add all the canned item juice and all to the pot along with
Bring to a slow boil and simmer covered for at least 45 minutes.
Mike, make sure the chili powder you use is pure chili powder
and doesn't have added ingredients like oregano, cumin, salt, etc.
You may want to use frozen, thawed tofu for this.