Rochelle - Australia
1.Heat oil, garlic, chillis and onion in a medium based pan and cook
over medium heat until onion is golden.
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 small fresh red chillis, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 440g (14 oz) canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 440g can of peeled tomatos
- 1/2 cup ready made tomato salsa
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
2.Add green pepper, kidney beans, undrained tomatos, salsa and
Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes
or until the sauce thickens.
We often serve this over baked potatos topped with diced tomato,
lettuce and home made guacamole.
This mexican mixture is also great in taco shells or on corn chips
as nachos, with the above toppings.