with Black Bean Chili
From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 4
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small green pepper -- chopped
- 1 15 oz.can black beans w/chili spices (or add)* -- undrained
- 1 14.5 oz can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes -- undrained
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro -- chopped
Pierce potatoes with a fork to allow steam to escape.
Bake for 50-60 minutes.
Alternatively, microwave potatoes uncovered on high for 8-10 minutes.
While potatoes are baking, heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over
Cook bell pepper in oil 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in beans and tomatoes.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low.
Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
Split potatoes and mash slightly.
Top each potato with chili mixture.
Top with sour cream (if desired) and cilantro.
NOTES : *The brand of black beans I found is "Kuner's".