From: Steve Davis
- Oakland, CA, USA
This was my first chili I've ever made and I combined a number
of ideas found on these pages to arrive at my potion, let's say.
My main concern would be that it borders on the edge of vegetable
soup, which can be prevented if so desired by adding a little more
chili powder and using less water.
This recipe should make approx. 12 bowls and takes about 45 mins
Dice and chop vegies
- 1 lb cooked Meatless Meat (or vege burgers)
- 2 cans tomatoes (whole or crushed)
- 1 can (~14 oz) dark kidney beans, cooked
- 1 can (~14 oz) light kidney beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 can (~14 oz) corn
- Hot sauce to taste - less if habanero
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (~14 oz) vege stock or 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup secret ingredient (beer)
Heat oil in large (5 gallon) chili pot 1-2 mins
Add hard vegies 5-10 mins to soften
Cook Meatless Meat in seperate pan
Then add soft vegies (zucchini,celery), tomatoes, stock or water,
and spices - bring to boil, then simmer for 20 mins.
Add remaining items inc. Meatless Meat, beans, corn, and secret ingredient
- continue cooking on low for another 20 mins.
Add water if necessary
Garnish with fresh parsley and/or optional cheddar - 1 extra ww
Approx. 3 weightwatchers pts. per bowl
Option: Serve with buttered toast - 3 extra ww pts.
Best in winter
Eat and enjoy!