Saute onions in the olive oil.
- olive oil
- 1-2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced fairly large
- 1 green pepper, diced fairly large
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne (or to your taste)
- 1 package frozen corn
- 2 cans black beans (or any other kind of beans you like - chickpeas
work well too)
- 1-1.5 C. picante sauce (Shotgun Willie's green sauce -- very
hot -- works well)
- salt to taste
- cashew nuts, if desired
(**I used cooking wine instead to cut out the fat). Add garlic a bit
After onion and garlic are have turned golden brown, add cumin,
cayenne, and whatever other spices you might like.
Fry for a couple of minutes.
Next, add the peppers, saute them for a few minutes.
Put the crushed tomatoes, corn, beans and picante sauce into the
crock pot, and add the onion mixture.
Cook on low about 10 hours.
Serve with cashew nuts, if desired.
I didn't have room in my crockpot for 2 cans of crushed tomatoes,
and I had to cut back a little on the corn too, so you will have
to vary the sizes above depending on the size of your crockpot.