Hot sauce, black pepper, white pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, margarine, or olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes, undrained and diced
- 16 ounces red kidney beans
- 8 ounces black beans and/or white beans
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
In saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter/margarine/oil until
the onions are translucent.
Drain off the oil.
Stir in tomatoes, beans, and tomato sauce.
Stir in the chilli powder, sugar, and spices as it cooks.
Cover and simmer for 15-30 minutes.
Serves: 4 (serve with rice) Preparation time: 45 min