From: Pat Firman
- Poquoson, Virginia, USA
I got this recipe from a lady teaching vegetarian cooking at Ukrops
Supermarket in Williamsburg, VA. Even my sister, who declared she
doesn't like to eat anything healthy, liked this one and asked me
to make it for the next family gathering.
- 1 6.4-oz/181.5-g box Chili mix
- 1 15-oz. or 425-g can kidney beans
- 1 15-oz. or 425-g can black beans
- 1 15-oz. or 425-g can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 16-oz. or 453-g jar of salsa or use fresh salsa
- 1/2 cup or 113 grams diced onions
- 1/2 cup or 113 grams diced green peppers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2-cups or 560-ml boiling water
1. Saute the onions and peppers in the olive oil until tender.
2. Meanwhile pour boiling water over the chili mix and let it sit
a few minutes.
3. Drain and rinse the kidney and black beans.
4. Put everything in a large glass bowl.
5. Microwave for 15-20 minutes.
I use a box of Fantastic Vegetarian chili mix but I'm sure an equavalent
amount of any other chili mix is just as good. An option to cooking
in the microwave is to put everything in a large pot and simmer
on low for 10-15 minutes.