From: Karen C.
Serving Size : 6
In a large saucepan or skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 large red onion -- diced
- 1 large red or green bell pepper -- seeded & chopped
- 2 celery stalks -- chopped
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 x 15 oz. cans black beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1 x 8 oz.can diced tomatoes
- 1 x 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 or 2 canned chipotle chiles -- seeded & minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic, and cook, stirring,
for about 7 minutes.
Stir in all remaining ingredients and cook for 30 minutes over
low heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.