New Zealand Brown Rice Salad
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 1 granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, strips
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cook rice in water according to package directions. Drain and cool.
Peel kiwifruit and cut into 1/4" thick slices. Cut slices in half to form semi circles.
Core and dice apple into 1/2" cubes.
Toss together rice, kiwifruit, apple, celery, red pepper strips, walnuts, green onions and parsley in salad bowl.
Mix together vinegar and oil. Drizzle over salad.
Toss to mix well.
Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours, to allow flavors to blend, before serving.
Makes 6 servings.