From: Tony &
Cook carrots in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender,
about 8 minutes.
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Stir oil, cumin and cayenne in heavy large skillet over medium
heat until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
Add carrots, then 1/2 cup water and vinegar.
Simmer over medium heat until liquid is absorbed, stirring often,
about 5 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat.
Mix in cilantro.
(Can be made 1 day ahead.
Cover and chill.
Bring to room temperature before serving.)