South African Inspired Potato Salad
A recipe from Linda Johnson. The carrots may not normally be added in a South African Potato Salad, but she adds them for color and nutrition. Cooking time doesn't include time to cook potatoes.
- 8 1/2 cup servings
- 4 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup carrot, fresh grated
- 1/4 cup chives, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup tofu sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tomatoes, grape for garnish
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped for garnish
Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise or miracle whip and all the seasonings together.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until well blended.
Garnish with parsley and grape tomatoes. Chill in refrigerator until serving time.