Serves: 6-8 Preparation time: 30 min
Press tofu to remove excess water.
- 1 1/2 lb. Firm or extra firm tofu (not silken)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, tamari or Bragg's liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Spike seasoning
- 1 generous pinch saffron
Slice into 2" x 2" x 1/2" squares.
Mix remaining ingredients in blender.
Marinate tofu in liquid at least 1 hour.
Remove tofu, reserve marinade.
Heat skillet over high heat for a minute or so.
Turn down heat to medium.
Pour a thin layer of cooking oil in skillet.
Sear tofu on each side, brushing each side with marinade, until slightly