Salatat Khiyar (Algerian Cucumber Salad)
from Missy Wombat
I'm not usually a cucumber person but I really like this recipe.
SERVES 2 -3
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,halved lengthwise,seeded,thinly sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, cored,seeded and cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup pitted and coarsely chopped green olives
- 4 large fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Toss the cucumber in a salad bowl with the green pepper, olives, and mint.
Add the coriander, paprika, olive oil, and vinegar, season with salt and pepper,
toss again, and serve.