From Brian Forester
Saute onions, garlic and spices in water or veggie broth.
- 1/4 cup water or veggie broth for sauting + 1 to 2 cups for
stewing vegetables in
- Two large onions, chopped
- Four cloves garlic (large cloves, mash these)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 diced sweet potatos
- 2 diced zuccini
- 2 diced summer squash
- 1 diced carrot
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1 diced bell (green) pepper
- 2 or 1 (depending if you like the buggers) cans garbanzo beans
- raisins (however many you like, I used a cup of raisins).
Add sweet potatoes, zuccini summer squash and carrots.
Add water as necessary.
Add tomatoes, bell pepper and garbanzos.
Cook until potatoes are mushy or done to your liking (about 30 minutes).
Serve over couscous or rice. Servings: a lot!