- Two cups cooked chick peas (drained after soaking and boiling in salted water)
- Two cups cooked Basmati rice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 red pimento peppers finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- salt and white pepper to taste
Toast the cumin seeds and grind to a powder. Put aside.
Heat two tablespoons water in a heavy nonstick pan. Saute garlic, onion and pepper. Add the chick peas and mix with the contents of the pot, cook for two minutes or until heated through. Add the rice, stock and ground cumin, and stir to mix evenly. Steam for 10 minutes until the stock is absorbed.
Serve with Curried Chickpeas. Serves 4-6 persons
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.