Moroccan Fava Bean Stew
From: Jay Solomon, via fatfreevegan.com
Serving Size : 4
- 1 large onion -- diced
- 1 red bell pepper -- seeded and diced
- 1 tomato -- cored and diced
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced (3 to 4)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups pumpkin -- or butternut or acorn squash, diced
- 1 cup fava beans, cooked -- (cooked or canned) drained
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked -- drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons harissa (Moroccan chile paste)
- 1 cup couscous
Sauté onions and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons water for about 5 minutes. Add tomato and garlic and cook for 4 minutes more. Stir in the remaining ingredients (except couscous) and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat until the squash is tender. Stir occasionally.
Stir in the couscous, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
Source: "Lean Bean Cuisine"
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.