|Ethiopian Vegetable Stew
Recipe By: Susan Voisin
Serving Size : 4
- 1 large onion -- sliced
- 2 large carrots -- sliced
- 3 medium red potatoes -- cut 1" thick
- 1/4 head cabbage -- sliced
- 8 ounces green beans -- sliced
- 3 cloves garlic -- peeled and crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt -- optional
- 3 cups water
Brown the onion in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and saute for one minute more. Then add all the vegetables and seasonings and mix well. Add the water, stir, and cook over low heat for 30-40 minutes. Serve hot.
Serves 6 as a side dish, 4 as a main course.
Source: "combination of several recipes/oil removed"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per serving: 93 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 560mg Sodium
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.