- 2 Cups Dried lentils -- washed
- 6 Cups Water
- 3/4 Cup Anaheim green peppers -- - seeded & chopped
- 2 Cups Red onions -- chopped
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon Grated fresh ginger
- 2 Each Garlic cloves -- crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Berbere sauce
- Pepper -- to taste
Boil the lentils in water for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
In a 4 qt pot, saute the peppers & onions in the oil until the onions are
Add the lentils, 4 c of the reserved liquid & the remaining
ingredients & bring to a simmer.
Cook, covered, over low heat 35-40 mins,
stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Jeff Smith, "Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors" Posted by Lisa